Last week, we introduced you to our protein recipes and the best vegetables for your eye health. This week we'll be talking about the best fruits for your eye health. The AREDS 2 study conducted by the National Eye Institute show that increased levels of lutein and zeaxanthin help improve eye health. The study also notes that Vitamins C and E show benefits for your eye health.
You can receive these nutrients by eating the following fruits:
- Blueberries - Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Grapes - Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Kiwi fruits - Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Raspberries - Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Olives - Vitamin E
- Avocados - Vitamin E
- Citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruits, lemons, etc) - Vitamin C
- For more fruits with high levels of Vitamin C, visit Fruits and Veggies: More Matters.
Another great way to get all of these important nutrients as well as zinc, and copper is to take a vision supplement. Focus Select is a supplement that contains the nutrients that are important for your vision health.